Saturday, September 10, 2011

Fruity, trivial conversations

Here are some trivial conversations my husband and I have had recently involving fruits:

Hubby: Honey, do you want some grapes?
Me: No, but thanks.
Hubby: But they're so good!
Me: I'm sure they are! They look great.
Hubby: So how about you try some?
Me: No, really, I don't want any. Thanks.
Hubby: What, you don't like grapes or something????
Me: I never said that! I do like grapes! I'm just not in the mood for them! (Sheesh!)

***

Hubby: Wow, these are the best strawberries I've ever tasted.
Me: Darling, you say that every time we buy strawberries.
Hubby: No I don't! Oh, but these are so goooood!

2 weeks later...
Hubby: Oh my goodness, these strawberries we just bought are the best ever.
Me: .....

***

One day, my husband was in the kitchen while my kids and I were in a next room. All of the sudden, we heard him exclaim, "OH MY GOD!!!"

We all rushed to the kitchen to see what was the matter.

"Baba, what's wrong???"

He was standing with the fridge door open "I can't believe we are out of apples!!"

And therein was the crisis.

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHA OMGGG I got to tell you Yemenis show their love with food LOL the more the stuff you with food it the more they love , I ran into your blog by mistake the title so funny(smart )

    ReplyDelete
  2. very freshing blog you have mrs..
    me my self also in new relationship with yemeni, the way you describe your husband its like you talking about my lover.. very similar.. and more other weird stuff that i been thru already.
    but becouse we still new in knowing each other, i had so many cry and fight over disaggree with him, so many time he told that i'm too much exagerate with my feeling.. but i love him soo much, as you said, its like we know each other like forever already..
    keep writing...

    ReplyDelete