Friday, October 11, 2013

So hi-tech it hurts

My husband likes to be "hi-tech" but in reality, he's very low-tech. He likes to buy all sorts of gadgets and continuously upgrades them. Too bad he's not very computer savvy and doesn't know how to use them properly.

Recently, some very good examples of this arose.

Last week, he visited our bank's website. He wanted to view the activity to our account. He was getting frustrated with the site and kept muttering curses. I asked what was the problem.

He said, "This stupid website! It won't show me anything about the account! Only the current balance! Why is the bank hiding information?!!"

I took one quick look at his screen and noticed he was on the "Summary" screen. Very clearly marked, was a link to "Details" One click on that link and Voila! the account details.

(We've had this bank account for a long time and he's used the online banking before, so I don't know why he was so puzzled that day)

A few moments later, he called me over again.

He: "Honey! The bank screen! It just went away! Now I'm on another site! But I wasn't done with the bank! What happened! What do I do?"

Again, I took a quick look. He had 2 tabs open and yes, he had inadvertently switched to the wrong tab. I simply clicked on the 1st tab and he was back on the bank's site.

He's so cute sometimes.


And other times, he's too hi-tech for his own good. Our daughter complained to me one day: "Baba has his iPhone, an iPad, a laptop. He's using all of them and he STILL asked me what time it was!"

I pointed out to her that he was also wearing a watch.
\

1 comment:

  1. omg, this should be a mime - I have one too - I bought him his first laptop in 2009. Yesterday he said to me via SKYPE on his phone - "my email disappeared honey, it's just gone..." referring to his live.com account...hee hee

    ReplyDelete